Tuesday

Hair Story by Karl: Archaic stereotypes must die out

Growing up I was allowed to grow my hair slightly but high school rules prevented this & I had to cut it down to 1 inche for 7 years, whilst other groups (Asians & Indians) were allowed to keep their hair at much greater lengths. After high school I’ve grown my hair out and cut it several times, but always of my volution to many mixed reactions. Curly, unrully, wild, fluffy are among the terms I hear. Within the family is where I get the most opposition, but professionally it’s never hindered me, and now it grow it out of love and to show I can work with or without it. Archaic stereotypes must die out.

Karl, Male, Jamaica
#SocialPressureSchool #SocialPressureFamily #Stereotype #SchoolRules
#SchoolRules #DifferentOriginDifferentRules
#Gender #LongHairForMale
#ArchaicStereotypesMustDieOut